No need to limit your pool use to just the daytime! Pool LED lights can help you maximize your time spent in the pool, day and night. While just adding a few normal lights to your pool can help add a little bit of light, LED lighting is a better option and has been leading the way for pool lighting for many years now. Not only are there color changing LED pool lights to add extra excitement to your pool area, but these same lights also serve as functional solutions for providing light for a night swim. We’ll walk you through everything that you need to know about colored pool lights and LED lights in general.
What are pool LED lights?
There has been a high demand for LED pool lighting over the past several years as it offers many benefits for pool owners. You might be wondering what the term “LED” even stands for. LED means “light emitting diode” which simply signifies that these types of lights have a more powerful system in place compared to standard incandescent bulbs. While LED lights and incandescent lights both get the same job done, there is a great difference in the overall efficiency. LED lights are able to supply a brighter light, have the ability to stay cool for longer periods of time, and overall operate more efficiently.
Benefits of LED pool lights
There are many benefits of choosing LED pool lights over a traditional halogen or incandescent style light. While they may be slightly more expensive to purchase, there are many great benefits that make LED lights the best option for your swimming pool. Some of the benefits of choosing LED lights to illuminate your pool include:
• Brighter lighting: LED lights offer brighter lighting compared to the traditional light bulb. The brightness of a bulb is measured in lumens. To give you an idea of the brightness levels, a standard 100-watt light bulb will produce about 1,400 to 1,750 lumens. An LED light bulb can produce the same number of lumens or more and only use 45-20 watts. LED bulbs provide a brighter light and energy efficiency.
• Uses less energy and heat: As mentioned, LED lights use a lower wattage than an incandescent bulb, therefore, providing a lower energy and heat usage. The reduced heat also means that an LED light will typically last longer than your standard light bulb.
• Color modes: LED pool lights come in an entire range of different colors to enhance your pool aesthetic. Maybe you want to set a mood to relax around your pool or you want to throw a party, you can change the lights to perfectly fit the setting.
• Lower cost: On average, LED lights use between 25-80% less energy than traditional incandescent lights. Since these lights use less energy, in return the cost to run these lights is a lot less.
• Longer lifespan: Your standard lightbulb will last you around 1,00 hours. On the other hand, a similar LED light will last around 25,000 hours which is a significant difference.
Pool LED lighting designs
Once you decide that you want to add colored pool lights to your swimming pool, knowing what you want them to look like will be your next decision. Luckily, there are many different pool blogs and ideas to help you create the perfect pool lighting design. Some of the most important elements to consider for your new LED lighting in your pool are:
• Clarity of the pool water
• Shape, texture, and color of the pool
• Illumination of the water
• Bright and dim areas of the pool
• Different color light options
Once you get on a kick of transforming your backyard pool, you may realize you need to revamp other parts of your pool as well. Adding a fun pool water slide or a pool volleyball net can make your swimming pool more fun for everyone this summer. Global Pool Products carries all American made products such as slides with LED lights, rails, bars, and more to help you create the backyard oasis of your dreams! Find a dealer near you today to order your own pool accessories.